ATTEND IMPORTANT PUBLIC HEARING ON LIMERICK NUCLEAR PLANT’S WATER PERMITS FOR USE AND ABUSE OF OUR VITAL WATER SUPPLIES 8-28-12
IT’S OUR WATER!
Don’t Let Exelon Get Away With, In Essence, “Eminent Domain”, of Our Water Resources In Parts of Six Counties For Limerick Nuclear Plant Operations and Exelon Profits.
GET THE FACTS. LET YOUR VOICE BE HEARD!
Let DEP And DRBC Know How You Feel About Exelon Using And Abusing Our Water For Profit At Limerick Nuclear Plant, While We Risk Having No Water or Water Too Radioactive To Use Safely!
WE NEED SAFE WATER! WE DON’T NEED LIMERICK NUCLEAR PLANT!
Limerick’s electric goes to the grid, supplying only ½ of 1% of our nation’s energy. It’s sold across several states, but we face unprecedented use and abuse of our water. Safer energy alternatives are ready now, that won’t threaten our water supply.
SPEAK OUT OR LET YOUR PRESENCE BE YOUR VOICE!
TUESDAY, AUGUST 28, 2012, 6:00 to 9:00 P.M.
Sunnybrook Ballroom in Pottstown
PERMIT CHANGES MUST BE MADE TO PROTECT OUR WATER.
Limerick Nuclear Plant’s Unprecedented Private Use and Abuse of Our Waters Could Get Worse.
SAY NO to Limerick’s dangerous discharges into the Schuylkill River, which include radiation and cooling tower toxics with NO LIMITS.
SAY NO to increased use of our water from many sources and unrestricted use in the event of an accident or meltdown of all sources, including Schuylkill and Delaware Rivers, groundwater, and others.
SAY NO, in essence, to a DRBC CZAR, who would unilaterally decide whether Exelon is required to compensate you for damages if Limerick renders your well or surface water dry or otherwise unusable from radiation.
LIST OF WHAT IS NEEDED BELOW
PA DEP NPDES Permit And DRBC Docket
DEMAND Changes Below To:
PA DEP DRAFT NPDES PERMIT – NO: PA0051926
Urge PA Elected Officials To Ask DEP and Governor Corbett To:
1. Remove Exemption For Radiation And Cooling Toxics In TDS Pollution Discharges
2. Require Strict Enforcement And Meaningful Penalties For Violations Of Clean Water Act Standards
3. Require Independent Comprehensive Testing
4. Require Immediate Notification Of Radioactive Spills
5. Require Exelon To Maintain All Records Permanently, Not Just 3 Years
6. Require Exelon To Filter Or Close Limerick
7. Require Reverse Osmosis Filtration For TDS, With Frequent Filter Changes To Protect The River and Public Health
DEMAND Changes Below To:
DRBC DRAFT DOCKET – NO. D-1969-210 cp-13
Urge PA Elected Officials To Ask DRBC and Governor Corbett To:
1. NOT Allow Increased Water Use for Limerick Nuclear Plant
2. Stop Mine Water Pumping for Limerick Operations or Require Exelon to Filter
3. NOT Issue Limerick’s Docket Without TDS Limits For Outfall 001
4. Require Limerick to Reduce Operations or Shut Down When River Temperatures Exceed 87 Degree Limit
5. Require Unannounced Independent Testing for Low Flow Limits, Temperature Restrictions, and All Radiation and Toxic Chemicals
6. Require Public Notice and Input For All Future Limerick Nuclear Plant Water Use
7. Require An Independent Mediator to Hear and Adjudicate All Water Related Claims Against Limerick and Exelon
DEP and DRBC Will Accept Your Comments On Limerick Nuclear Plant’s Water Use And Discharges
YOUR WRITTEN COMMENTS
DEADLINE – OCTOBER 27, 2012 5:00 P.M.
SEND YOUR COMMENTS TO:
#1 PA DEP – DRAFT NPDES PERMIT NO: PA0051926
PA DEP Attention: Jenifer Fields
Southeast Regional Office, Water Management,
2 E. Main Street, Norristown, PA 19401
Fax to (484) 250-5971 Via Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
#2 DRBC – DRAFT Docket No. D-1969-210 CP-13
P.O. Box 7360
Attention: DRBC Secretary
West Trenton, NJ 08628-0360
Fax To (609) 883-9522 Via email to Paula.Schmitt@drbc.state.nj.us
CONTACT ALL LOCAL, STATE, AND FEDERAL OFFICIALS
Ask Them To Get The Facts and Speak Out NOW To Protect Our Water.
Their Silence and Support Protects Exelon’s Profits, NOT Our Water.
For Details – www.acereport.org
Blog Posting: Summary Report “Limerick Nuclear Plant’s Use and Abuse Of Our Water” (August 2012)
Homepage Section #6: “Schuylkill River, Limerick’s Operations Threaten Drinking Water Disaster”
Homepage Section #20: “Why We Can’t Trust Exelon”